These FROZEN Inspired Ice Cream Sandwiches are perfect for a Frozen Birthday party or any get together with little ones! My favorite sweet recipes are ones that call for a cake mix. Super easy and delicious!
You could tint your ice cream with whatever color fits your party theme best. I’ll whip up a batch with chocolate ice cream and color sprinkles to have them in my freezer for a quick play date treat since they last for up to 2 months. Enjoy!
- 1 box of White Cake Mix, any brand
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C. Butter or Margarine
- 2 tsp. Water
- Wilton Sugar Crystal Sprinkles
- 2 C. Vanilla Ice Cream
- Blue Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the cake mix, 1 egg, butter and water and blend well. Let the dough set in the fridge for 20 minutes to set.
- Once the dough is set, remove from the fridge and use a cookie scoop to make 1-2' cookies placing them 2' a part on a greased baking sheet (I line mine with foil for easy clean up) and bake 9-11 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- While the cookies are baking and cooling, remove the ice cream from the freezer and set aside the 2 cups needed for your ice cream sandwiches. Let it soften a bit to make mixing the food coloring easier.
- Add 2-3 drops of blue coloring to the vanilla ice cream and mix well. Depending on how blue you'd like it, you can always add more drops. Place the ice cream back into the freezer to harden.
- Once the cookies are cooled and the ice cream has hardened again, scoop one small ball of ice onto a cookie (I used a clean cookie scoop) and place a 2nd cookie on top and gently press down. Next, roll the ice cream sandwich into the crystal sprinkles. Repeat this process with the other cookies.
- *Makes approximately 10 ice cream sandwiches (20 cookies total). Total prep time is about 90 minutes from start to finish. Serve immediately or store in the freezer for 1-2 months.