Crockpot Dulce de Leche
Author: Shellie Deringer - SavingWithShellie.com
- Sweetened Condensed Milk (amount depends on size of canning jars used.
- 2 cans will fill 3-8oz jars)
- Canning Jars with lids
- Fill each canning jar with sweetened condensed milk about an inch from the top.
- Place lid on and tighten ring finger tight.
- Place jars into a crock pot and fill pot with water to just below the rim.
- Cook jars on low for 8-10 hours.
- The longer you cook the mixture, the thicker it will become. Using the glass jars makes it easy to see how dark the milk has become.
- When it has finished cooking, carefully remove from water and allow to cool.
- Use immediately or the jar can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks when opened. If you store while still sealed, it should remain fresh for about a month.
Recipe by Saving with Shellie™ at http://www.savingwithshellie.com/crockpot-dulce-de-leche/