Nothing makes a room feel cleaner than sparkling windows. Pets and kids can often make window panes dingy and dirty, making you feel like you need to pull out the chemical filled window cleaner. Well the great news is, you do have other options. You can still get your windows clean without using a great deal of chemicals or spending a great deal of cash. In no time, you can enjoy sparkling windows for less.
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of rubbing alcohol
- 2-3 springs of fresh mint or 2 teaspoons of dried mint
- Jar or spray bottle
This recipe can be doubled or tripled for larger cleaning jobs.
1. Pour all ingredients into the jar.
2. Roll the fresh mint leaves in between your fingers to help release their essential oils. Place the entire sprig in the mixture. If you are using dried mint leaves, you can pour them in directly as is.
3. Place the lid on the jar and shake the mixture well. Let it set for a few hours before use so that the oils of the mint have time to spread into the mixture. After a few hours, simply strain the mixture and pour it into a spray bottle. Then, spray directly onto your windows or on a soft cloth and watch it work its magic.