Do you love the look of homemade crafts but hate the idea of sewing a single stitch?
If you love crafting but fear a needle and thread, this no sew Christmas pillow is for you. All it requires is a few basic dollar store supplies and a little patience. In no time, you can have a charming holiday throw pillow perfect for giving your home a pop of holiday color. Take a look!
- Holiday cloth place mat
- Thick ribbon or burlap scraps
- Faux holiday flowers
- Hot glue, glue gun
- Scrap fabric or cotton batting
All of the above supplies were able to be purchased at our local dollar store, with the exception of the cotton batting. You can purchase this at most craft and even retail stores for around $3-$4 a bag.
1. Begin by laying your cloth place mat flat and them folding it in half.
2. Lift up the flap of fabric and apply a generous line of hot glue to the left side and bottom of the fabric only.
3. Put the fold/flap of fabric back down and press firmly. This will create the closed “stitch” in your fabric. Allow about 30 minutes for the glue to dry.
4. In the open side of your fabric, begin placing scrap fabric or cotton batting inside. Make the pillow nice and full and even.
5. Apply another generous strip of glue to the opening and press the pieces together to seal them. You will now see the pillow has taken shape. All four sides should be sealed (three glued and one closed from the fold) and you can fluff it as needed to get the shape nice and even.
6. To embellish, wrap a length of ribbon or burlap around the one end of the pillow. Secure it in place with hot glue.
7. Finish the piece by applying a large holiday floral piece such as the white poinsettia you see here.
All you need to do now is allow a little drying time and then decide where you are going to display this piece. A couch, office chair, or even tucked in a basket is a great way to let others see your hard work. Who knew holiday décor could be so fun and frugal to make? Give this easy no sew pillow a try and see what you can create.